Bishop Ireton High School, a co-educational high school serving over 800 students in Alexandria, seeks an Executive Assistant to the Head of School.
Executive Assistant to the Head of School will primarily provide high-level support to the Head of School and the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement. He or she will also serve as the central liaison among the Head of School’s Office and all senior leadership. This position will also provide support to the Board of Governors. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement.
• Manage the Head of School’s calendar including coordination of internal meetings, external donor visits, and external relations events
• Work with the Senior Director to expand relationships with internal stakeholders through monthly lunches and coffee outreach with specific groups
• Manage the recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the Financial Aid process
• Work with the finance office to manage the contract process for all School areas
• Coordinate travel for the Head of School and Senior Director
• Provide administrative support for the Board of Governors
• Schedule, attend and provide minutes for the School’s Directors meetings
• Prepare materials, remarks and letters at the direction of the Senior Director
• Support the External Relations team under the guidance of the Senior Director
• Other administrative duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• An understanding of and commitment to Bishop Ireton’s mission
• High-level organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Familiarity with hiring and human resources processes
• Customer service orientation and positive attitude
• Capacity to quickly assess and solve problems
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience in an educational or nonprofit setting
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Familiarity with donor and prospect management software, particularly Raiser’s Edge
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Start Date: On or about July 1, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, including current salary, and a resume by email at email@example.com.
About Bishop Ireton
Bishop Ireton, a co-educational, college preparatory high school in historic Alexandra, Virginia, began its proud heritage of academic excellence rooted in Catholic tradition in 1964. “Be who you are and be that well” is at the core of its extraordinary mission and values. The school offers a challenging environment and outstanding quality of life, both in academics and extracurricular activities, with a strong focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) courses. The spirit of community service and giving back is part of everything the school does. Bishop Ireton’s top-tier status is reflected in its talented faculty and staff, who take great pride in seeing virtually every graduate head to college - often to the most prestigious universities. Together with families, Bishop Ireton provides students with the foundation and relationships for a lifetime, helping to ready the next generation to be exemplary citizens of the world.