Bishop Ireton Library/Media Information Commons
School Subjects Science
"We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us." Albert Einstein
- Access Excellence hosted by the National Health Museum ; it is a resource for health and bioscience teachers. You can also access Biology Ed Online, a peer-reviewed e-journal by and for life science teachers.
- "Whole Frog" project. You can interactively dissect a (digitized) frog named Fluffy, make movies, and play the Virtual Frog Builder Game. The interactive Web pages are available in a number of languages.
- Anatomy of an Eye
- Animal Search
- Biology Browser
- The Biology Project
- The Cell
- Cells Alive Animations of how cells work.
- DNA from the Beginning
- Enter Evolution: Theory & History Exhibits trace evolutionary thought as it has developed over time, pausing to ponder the contributions of scientists and thinkers including Aristotle, Darwin, Wallace, and many others.
- Genes and Disease
- Genetics of Depressive Illness
- Genetics Education Center
- Genetics Websites
- History of Medicine
- Human Anatomy Online
- Learn Genetics
- TestFlight practice for AP Biology
- Zero Bio an online biology reference for high school students. It is based on the Canadian secondary biology curriculum; it provides games, quizzes, study tips, a virtual dissection lab, java genetics, medical dictionaries, and a molecule identification activity.
- Virtual Library: Genetics
- The Visible Human Project
- EarthDay.gov the portal for U.S. government events and information on Earth Day.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- The Nine Planets The Nine Planets is an overview of the history, mythology, and current scientific knowledge of each of the planets and moons in our solar system.
- Environmental News Network We offer timely environmental news, live chats, interactive quizzes, daily feature stories, forums for debate, audio, video and more. These components are all aimed at educating our users about the major issues, while at the same time giving them the tools to make a difference in their own community.