Office of Counseling Services
As school counselors, our goal is to assist students in their personal, social, and academic development as well as their preparation for college while providing all the resources students need to maximize their opportunities at Bishop Ireton and in the years that follow high school.
The freshman class is assigned to a freshman counselor who assists each student in becoming adjusted to high school, both academically and socially. After freshman year the class is divided alphabetically and assigned to a counselor who will then work with them for the remainder of their high school career.
Reasons to See Your School Counselor
- Adjustment to High School
- Academic Advising and Course Selection
- Schedule Change
- Difficulty with a class
- Help in getting more involved in the school community
- Advice if having difficulty making friends or getting along with others
- Help in communicating with your teachers
- Help in communicating with your parents
- Assistance dealing with personal issues
- College and Career Planning
- Sharing good news