Bishop Ireton Mission Statement
In the Catholic tradition and in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales, Bishop Ireton High School is a college preparatory high school that promotes spiritual, intellectual, creative, scientific, technological, social and physical development. As a Salesian community of learning, Bishop Ireton challenges students to recognize and respect the multicultural diversity within our global society. In addition, the school fosters Christian ethics, religious values and community service. A Bishop Ireton education teaches students to think critically and develops the whole person to meet present and future challenges and opportunities.
Bishop Ireton High School accomplishes its mission by developing within each student the following:
- Deepened faith in order to encourage a loving commitment to God and the Catholic Church
- Spiritual and moral values
- Desire for life-long learning
- Pursuit of academic excellence in all disciplines
- Appreciation of the fine and creative arts
- Understanding of our multi-cultural heritage to appreciate and respect individual differences
- Knowledge and application of technological innovations for the benefit of humanity
- Pursuit of physical fitness and a knowledge of mental and physical health as a life-long goal
Bishop Ireton High School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Virginia Catholic Education Association.